Friday, March 18, 2011

I Love You Like My Water

If I said I love you tonight and always,
Will you love me like I was your first?
If I showered you with time and affection,
And lived a simpler life for us both,
Could you picture me beside you during your waking moments?
Could you picture us staying together longer, or forever?

If I told you I miss you, though you had many other thoughts,
Would you bury your head under the pillow, and just forget?
Would you walk away from frustrations in life, or collide with them head on?
Why do you not want me to help make the load lighter?
Do you really have many reasons to go away, or not enough reason to stay?
Should my question be, "Do you really see yourself with me?"

You already know who I really am.
Time's just a number that scares you away.
I don't need it to tell me when it's the season to love.
Consider me in all your decisions.
Fight for us, and you'll never be alone.
Stay, and you'll never see me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment