Wednesday, October 19, 2016

You Couldn't Wait till Friday

You had a new toy to show off
Worked hard for weeks to make it pretty
You wanted to be with friends all four days
I could only come if you waited a day

You just couldn't cuz it's your friend's birthday
Your wife you'll be stuck with a lifetime
She doesn't have to be there
You have friends to keep you busy

This isn't my first eye opener
You've done worse, or is that better?
You brag you are lucky cuz I spoil you
Yet you just take, and never meet halfway

If you waited a day, I could see
I really mean more than how you make me feel
if you waited a day, I won't feel this
Is it to take a break from Me

I shall cry myself to sleep so you don't see
That this is me being unselfish yet again
I shall pretend I'm not tired of work
And you cannot peel me away from it

Because you couldn't wait till Friday
Because you have your friends anyway
Can anyone understand me?
Cuz I am unselfish, but, boy, it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment