Saturday, March 24, 2007

Made for the Lord

I have been driven in life by my passions, desire for success and recognition, and hope for a place in God's kingdom. I am defocused as good things have happened that keep me from doing what God really wants. I am hardened by the wrong choices I've made and the struggles that made me think I am on my own.

I am currently driven by guilt, sometimes hiding from God's presence when He has never shun me away. My past seems to catch up on me. I feel so undeserving of His mercy and goodness. How can He love me?

I am driven by materialism wishing I had more...salary, properties, and skills. I was nothing and I did nothing good. God's spirit bore much fruit since my renewal...fruit of joy, peace, and hope. How can I turn down another opportunity to bring Him glory? My sin can overwhelm me and my slow healing progress can really be disheartening. I am in constant struggle with my own self.

Attending one Lingkod household made me realize one thing: I have to remain open to God's leading. In my desire to open to God and to please Him, I decided to say yes to attending the household. The objectives: to simplify, focus, and serve. I still say yes in the hopes of being able to exhort my sisters by His Spirit. I am not worthy, but the Lord is. I pray that I may stand before Him in fear, and that I may be courageous in bringing Him glory.

When I stand before God's people, I want to please God alone. May He prepare my heart for both big and small tasks. I am a witness of His greatness, and so shall His people be.

No comments:

Post a Comment