Thursday, May 24, 2007

To Do His Will My Pleasure

I see service as a self-offering to the Lord. There were countless times when I have been disappointed with my co-servants who do not seem to give their best for the Lord and for His community. Because of these disappointments, I fall asleep in my service. Sometimes, it becomes too burdensome that I just make it a task to tick off my schedule. God said that my service will give Him pleasure, for as long as I have given my best. So, if something so burdensome could be a form of worship to God, let me never be free from service. If it were to make God smile, why would I not serve Him to the very end?

I want to worship in spirit and truth. Sometimes in worship, I notice that the music ministry is distracted. When I find out it is because of unavailability for practices, I want to question their commitment. Why do they have so many reasons, when we are all employed and have almost the same priorities? But God reminds me to see worship as He sees it: beautiful and pleasing to the ears if it came from the heart.

I really cannot fathom the depth of the Lord's knowledge. Unlike a presentation before people, God does not judge my performance or rate me in my preparedness for worship. He takes me as I am: whether sinful or pure, blemished or healed, or hardened or peaceful.

I am unworthy but I can make God smile. I have been planned for God's pleasure. That even when I awake or slumber, I can please God. There was this brother who got into an accident and was given a second chance in life. While in his hospital bed, I witnessed him raising his hands and singing the loudest in prayer. This was a man who almost had his body crushed, his face swollen, and his faculties almost rendered useless. Yet he praised God with all his might. It was such a glorious sight.

I want to please Him everyday in every way, whether it be in my service even when it is burdensome, in worship even when I am unworthy - or even when that time comes that I am physically unable to. For even when my body will waste away, His spirit that lives inside of me will boast of Him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment