Tuesday, May 29, 2007

God Smiles at Us

I don't even have to do anything to make God love me. He lovingly gazes at me as I sleep, and says to Himself that I am His beloved creation. He would remember that time He formed me in my mother's womb and breathed the very life I have now. He enveloped me with His mighty armor that no harm could be done upon me.

Now I am faced with this question: Does my life right now give Him pleasure? I delayed obedience for a while before finally going to the U.S. I delayed because I thought God would always understand. Yet God's message was delayed obedience is disobedience just the same.

My main objective for obeying after two years of waiting is simply to please God. "I'll pray about it" is unacceptable if you can't make that decision in two years. When I told my co-discerner all that God revealed to me, she told me that she is happy about it, and that the next step is to act on the decision. I left home even if I thought I already liked writing as a living because I know it would please God that I forget myself -specifically, my comforts.

I cannot imagine how Noah and his family were able to endure 120 years of mockery and hardship for building an ark. However, they did have a warning from God so they responded. What God said, happened. Now, if God would tell me there will be 40 days of rain, and then He will provide me specific measurements for the ark, I am not sure if I would do the same thing out of fear of the Lord. It is not a normal occurrence to hear God the way Noah did, even when I pray. But what matters is, God speaks to me and assures me about His greatness.

Obedience unlocks understanding. Now, even after my discernment, things remain uncertain about what God truly wills for me. Sometimes, I do not have a joyful disposition because my obedience is still half-hearted. I may have left everything behind, but part of me screams that I shouldn't have. God tells me to obey Him gladly.

The Lord directs my path. He delights in every detail of my life. He takes pleasure in all who honor Him, in those who trust in His constant love. What pleases the Lord is a life of total dedication and commitment. He is pleased in daily service, a job well done, and simple cafe conversations if offered unto Him. He is pleased if every decision is based upon one inspiration, and that is: to glorify Him.

I can only pray that I act accountably as His servant, and remember all His promises especially in times when I am shaken.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to the Lord. Trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, a justice for your cause like the noon day sun. - Ps 37:4-5

The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who are wise, who want to please God. - Ps 14:2

No comments:

Post a Comment